Need a helping hand getting into garment sewing? Craft Habit is here for you :)
In this 3 day sew-along, we will assemble the Sauvie Sundress from Sew House Seven
, and learn a variety of helpful techniques applicable to a variety of sewing projects.
Garment making experience is not required, but students should be comfortable using a sewing machine for basic projects. If you have taken any of our sewing classes or camps before, you'll definitely be prepared!
If you are unfamiliar with determining your garment size and reading a sewing pattern, please take our class Understanding Sewing Patterns
- Depending on the size and style of Sauvie you choose, you will need to buy between 3.5 to 6 yards of woven, non-stretch fabric. Use the code Sewalong for 20% off the fabric price.
- We recommend Kaleidoscope Solid Cottons for beginners.
- Feel free to shop in person to get additional fabric recommendations! If you are registered for class, we can apply the discount to your in-store purchase.
- You will also need to buy a spool of matching thread. Choose the Pick My Thread option, and we will find a thread that matches your
- If you prefer to buy your fabric in person, be sure to shop with us early enough that you can wash & dry your fabric before class.
- Your class fee includes a printed copy of the pattern for you to keep. The Sauvie Sundress size range is 00 to 34.
- Your class fee also includes the interfacing needed for the pattern, and use of sewing machine and sewing tools in class.
- Purchase, wash, and dry your fabric
- Pick up your printed pattern from Craft Habit. If you order fabric for pick-up or shipping along with the class, we will include your paper pattern.
- Cut your fabric in the pattern pieces corresponding to your size.
- If you are unfamiliar with determining your garment size and reading a sewing pattern, please take our class Understanding Sewing Patterns.
- If you need a space to cut fabric, or want a little guidance, you may attend Fabric Cutting Open Studio for no additional charge. Please email or call to let us know you'll be participating in the open studio, so we can add you without charge.
This class is open to ages 14+.
Class Policies & COVID procedures:
Properly worn masks are encouraged but not required while inside Craft Habit. We do have masks available should you wish to wear one while spending time with us!
This class requires a minimum of 2 students enrolled, with a maximum of 4. Craft Habit will notify students at least 24 hours in advance if a class is cancelled due to low enrollment. Students will be fully refunded for any classes cancelled due to low enrollment.
Food and most beverages are not allowed during classes, due to safety concerns. You are welcome to bring water in a container that will not spill if knocked over.
Class registrations are not refundable. If you cannot attend, you may find another person to take your place in a class. Please let us know their name in advance of the class starting.
Classes cancelled by Craft Habit WILL be refunded. We will do our best to reschedule classes, and we will refund class registration fees for any classes that we have to cancel for any reason.
To respect our teachers’ time, please arrive 5 minutes before scheduled class time unless advised otherwise. Late arrivals may miss important information and may not be able to catch up to the class. We cannot issue refunds for late arrivals. Please shop for your class materials in advance!
|Skill Level: ||Intermediate|
|Skill Details: ||Garment making experience is not required, but students should be comfortable using a sewing machine for basic projects.|
|Materials Included: ||Printed sewing pattern|
|Instructor: ||Kelly McKay|
|Instructor Bio: ||Kelly is happiest making All Of The Things, All Of The Time. She's been sewing garments since junior prom (no, pictures will NOT be shown!) and as a short human, loves that this allows her to own sweatshirts that don't hang over her hands like gorilla arms.|