Need a helping hand getting into garment sewing? Craft Habit is here for you :)
In this 3 day workshop, we will go step-by-step through the process of reading a pattern, cutting fabric, and constructing the Burnside Bibs from Sew House Seven
(this is one of our best selling patterns).
Garment making experience is not required, but students should be comfortable using a sewing machine for basic projects. If you have taken any of our sewing classes or camps before, you'll definitely be prepared!
- Learn to read pattern information BEFORE you buy the pattern - how to determine what size you need, what kind of fabric & how much of it, what notions to purchase.
- Learn to take your body measurements
- Learn to lay our your fabric and patterns pieces for cutting. Note - we will begin cutting during class, but some cutting may need to be finished at home before the next class session.
- Finish assembling your garment
- Finishing touches
- High fives and champagne! (optional)
- You will need to buy 4 yards of Kaleidoscope Cotton Fabric (comes in 60 colors!). Use the code Burnside for 20% off the fabric price.
- You will also need to buy a spool of matching thread. Choose the Pick My Thread option, and we will find a thread that matches your fabric.
- If you order your fabric online by end-of-day Tuesday, November 15th, we will wash & dry it for you, and have it ready to use on the first day of class.
- If you prefer to buy your fabric in person, be sure to shop with us early enough that you can wash & dry your fabric before class.
- Your class fee includes a printed copy of the pattern for you to keep. The Burnside Bibs size range is 00 to 34.
- Your class fee also includes the interfacing needed for the pattern, and use of sewing machine and sewing tools in class.
This class is open to ages 14+.
Class Policies & COVID procedures:
Masks are required for all people at all times while inside Craft Habit, regardless of age or vaccination status.
This class requires a minimum of 2 students enrolled, with a maximum of 4. Craft Habit will notify students at least 24 hours in advance if a class is cancelled due to low enrollment. Students will be fully refunded for any classes cancelled due to low enrollment.
Food and most beverages are not allowed during classes, due to safety concerns. You are welcome to bring water in a container that will not spill if knocked over.
Class registrations are not refundable. If you cannot attend, you may find another person to take your place in a class. Please let us know their name in advance of the class starting.
Classes cancelled by Craft Habit WILL be refunded. We will do our best to reschedule classes, and we will refund class registration fees for any classes that we have to cancel for any reason.
To respect our teachers’ time, please arrive 5 minutes before scheduled class time unless advised otherwise. Late arrivals may miss important information and may not be able to catch up to the class. We cannot issue refunds for late arrivals. Please shop for your class materials in advance!
|Skill Level: ||Intermediate|
|Skill Details: ||Garment making experience is not required, but students should be comfortable using a sewing machine for basic projects.|
|Instructor: ||Sarah Ferguson|
|Instructor Bio: ||Sarah is the co-owner of Craft Habit, and loves to introduce new crafts to curious, creative people :)|